GLOBUS 2021: Exploring Australia with the Legendary Ghan Train & Southern Lights (PX1)
21 Day Tour from Melbourne to Sydney
Call (866) 929-0256 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15593731
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2021
- 21 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Melbourne||Welcome to Melbourne! Hotel check-in available upon arrival. A pre-night is not required for early check-in. Schedule flights to arrive by 3 pm in time for a welcome meeting and dinner. (D)|
|Day 2||Melbourne||MELBOURNE Morning guided sightseeing includes Parliament House, the Shrine of Remembrance, Queen Victoria Market, and beautiful Fitzroy Gardens. Free time in the afternoon and evening. (B)|
|Day 3||Melbourne||MELBOURNE Free day. (B)|
|Day 4||Hobart||Fly to Hobart. HOBART Guided walking tour of the waterfront district. Dinner at a local restaurant. (B,D)|
|Day 5||Hobart||TASMAN PENINSULA Sightseeing includes the blowhole, the Devil's Kitchen, and the Tasman Arch formations. Walking tour with a Local Guide at Port Arthur Historic Site (a UNESCO World Heritage Site), and the Tasmanian Devil Unzoo.HOBART Evening excursion with a Local Expert for the chance to view the Southern Lights (aurora australis). Learn how the Southern Lights differ from the Northern Lights (aurora borealis) and hear stories about the significance of the 'Fire in the Sky' to the Australia Aboriginal communities. Warm drinks and treats are provided during this special evening. (B,L)NOTE: The aurora is most active late at night or early in the morning when the sky is clear and the air chilly. Viewings are scheduled from 7pm-10pm. While the aurora is frequently seen May through August, it is up to Mother Nature to create the special conditions in order to witness this phenomenon.|
|Day 6||Hobart||HOBART Free day to explore more of Hobart on your own. This evening, another chance to view the Southern Lights. Our Local Expert is on hand to answer all your questions, share local insight and give pointers on how to take the perfect photographs of the lights dancing across the sky. Warm drinks and treats are provided. (B)|
|Day 7||Adelaide||Fly to Adelaide (via Melbourne). ADELAIDE Orientation drive. Free time this evening. (B)|
|Day 8||Adelaide||Travel by motorcoach and ferry to Kangaroo Island. KANGAROO ISLAND [LF] Sightseeing includes Seal Bay Conservation Park with a Park Ranger plus visits to Kangaroo Island Wildlife Park to see native koalas, wallabies, and wombats. Visit Emu Ridge Eucalyptus Distillery before returning to Adelaide this evening. (B,L)|
|Day 9||Uluru (Ayers Rock)||Fly to Uluru (Ayers Rock) (a UNESCO World Heritage Site). ULURU Sunset drink followed by [LF] Outback barbecue. (B,D)|
|Day 10||Uluru (Ayers Rock)||ULURU Sightseeing with a Local Guide includes a walking tour at Uluru, and Kata Tjuta (the Olgas). Free time this evening. (B) ENHANCE YOUR FREE TIME in Uluru with a camel ride through the desert at sunset. This and many more options throughout your tour are available for purchase with MyGlobus. Get local maps and tips for free time on your GlobusGO mobile app.|
|Day 11||The Ghan Train||Scenic drive through the Outback en route to Alice Springs. ALICE SPRINGS Embark on the legendary The Ghan train. (B,D)|
|Day 12||Darwin||KATHERINE GORGE [LF] Choice of sightseeing includes a scenic cruise or a visit to a working Outback cattle station. DARWIN Free time this evening. (B,L)|
|Day 13||Kakadu National Park||DARWIN Jumping crocodile guided cruise.KAKADU NATIONAL PARK Guided sightseeing in Kakadu National Park (a UNESCO World Heritage Site). (B,D)|
|Day 14||Darwin||KAKADU NATIONAL PARK Guided [LF] wetlands cruise on the Yellow Water Billabong.DARWIN City orientation drive includes Darwin Museum and lunch at a local roadhouse. (B,L)|
|Day 15||Cairns||Fly to Cairns, 'Gateway to the Great Barrier Reef.' (B)|
|Day 16||Cairns||OUTER GREAT BARRIER REEF Scenic catamaran cruise to the Outer Great Barrier Reef (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) includes the option of snorkeling, a glass-bottom-boat tour, an underwater observatory, and watching a fish feeding. CAIRNS Free time this evening. (B,L)|
|Day 17||Cairns||CAIRNS Free day. (B)|
|Day 18||Sydney||CAIRNS Visit to the Koala Gardens includes having your photo taken with a koala. Fly to Sydney. SYDNEY Free time this evening. (B)|
|Day 19||Sydney||SYDNEY Guided sightseeing includes the financial district, Mrs Macquarie's Chair, the botanic gardens, and the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Walking tour with a Local Guide includes the Sydney Opera House (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) and Bondi Beach, followed by a Sydney Harbour cruise. Free time this evening. (B)|
|Day 20||Sydney||SYDNEY Free day before dinner at a waterfront restaurant. (B,D)|
|Day 21||Sydney||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
2022 prices and itineraries are subject to change. Details will be available in August 2021.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).