Brochure Type: The Australia and New Zealand Book 2021 crossover
Venture to Australia's Top End, through the untamed wilderness and wetlands of Kakadu - an ancient landscape of billabongs, gorges and hidden canyons teeming with spectacular wildlife.
- CRUISE on Yellow Water Billabong and Katherine Gorge
- SCENIC DRIVE on the Marrakai Track, through Kakadu
- SEE sunset on the Kakadu floodplains
- VIEW native wildlife, Aboriginal rock art, rarrk painting, wonderful waterfalls
- VISIT Litchfield, Kakadu and Nitmikuk National Parks, Wangi and Edith Falls
- 4 breakfasts
- 5 lunches
- 4 dinners (Including Connect With Locals)
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trusted
- Handcrafted Highlights
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and local charges included
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver, Driver Guide only on Mini-Stays
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (866) 929-0256 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15150449
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 12/31/2020
- 5 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Darwin||Darwin - Mary River: Meet your Travel Director and board your luxury 4WD vehicle for an unforgettable journey of discovery, and 'Join Trafalgar' in helping to protect our wilderness through contributions to National Parks and Wildlife as part of your trip. Travel across the Finniss River to Litchfield National Park, where you'll have some time to cool off at the tumbling Florence Falls. Venture through tropical monsoon rainforest to Wangi Falls and hear about its importance in Aboriginal custom, before stopping for lunch. Now your exhilarating cross-country journey via the unsealed Marrakai Track (seasonally accessible) begins. You'll journey through cattle stations and back country to the Mary River region, arriving at Wildman Wilderness Lodge late-afternoon. You'll stay in private-permanent safari tents in the midst of the Mary River Wetlands. Enjoy a Welcome Reception as you watch the sun set over the floodplains and listen to the bush come to life. After dinner, crowd around the warm glow of the fire pit for a nightcap with your travel companions.|
Wildman Wilderness Lodge
|Day 2||Kakadu||Mary River - Kakadu: Your destination today is Australia's largest National Park and icon - UNESCO listed Kakadu. Prime your adventure legs and 'Dive Into Culture' when you join your Travel Director for a walk at Ubirr rock art site. See the centuries-old art depicting creation ancestors and animals from the area, before heading to Nadab lookout at the top of Ubirr for spectacular views over the surrounding wetlands and mountains. After lunch there's time to take an Optional Experience scenic flight over Kakadu and Arnhem Land. Later, join a 'Local Specialist' for a cruise on Yellow Water Billabong, keeping a keen eye out for saltwater crocodiles and the colorful birdlife that inhabit this area. Check in to your hotel and savor every moment as dusk turns to night when you'll join your fellow travelers for dinner.|
Mercure Kakadu Crocodile, Jabiru
|Day 3||Katherine||Kakadu - Katherine (2 Nights): Enjoy a leisurely start to your day. Today's first official stop is Nourlangie, a site featuring rich Aboriginal rock art. 'Dive Into Culture' as your Travel Director shares a detailed interpretation of Aboriginal culture and art as you explore the various outdoor galleries featuring rock art that dates back 20,000 years. Take in the natural beauty of the area while you enjoy a picnic lunch, then continue through Katherine to Nitmiluk National Park where tonight you'll stay at a five-star luxury eco-lodge surrounded by nature. Stand on your private balcony and savour the uninterrupted views of Nitmiluk National Park right before you.|
|Day 4||Katherine Gorge||Katherine Gorge: 'Connect With Locals' and meet Manuel Pamkal, a master didgeridoo musician who will greet you with a traditional welcoming tune at a special 'Be My Guest' experience. Manuel will share with you stories of growing up in the bush and will teach you the fine art of rarrk painting using a special brush from a reed called Julk. Indulge the inner artist within you and paint your own masterpiece to take home. This evening, relax on a peaceful cruise along Katherine River. You'll marvel at the rusty-red gorges while you keep a keen eye out for wildlife and learn about the history and culture of the local Jawoyn people, the custodians of Nitmiluk National Park. Enjoy the peaceful ambiance during the candle-lit three-course Regional Dinner cooked on board your boat.|
|Day 5||Darwin||Katherine - Depart Darwin: A leisurely start to the day could see you relax at the lodge or rise early to immerse yourself in the magic of dawn within the national park. Leave the wilderness behind and continue north along the Stuart Highway, stopping at Edith Falls along the way for a refreshing dip. Continue to Adelaide River War Cemetery, which was a significant military headquarters during WWII. Pay tribute to the brave soldiers who gave their lives in the service and defence of their country, then return to Darwin where your epic journey comes to an end (flights to depart after 8pm).|
- *Travel to Australia requires an overnight flight. Please arrange for your flight to arrive into Darwin prior to Day 1. As this trip departs from the Mantra on the Esplanade Darwin at 7.30am, accommodation will need to be pre-booked for the previous night.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class