If you live by the motto, 'Go big or go home,' it doesn't get any bigger than this grand tour of Alaska and the Yukon Territory. Where else can you see bears the size of buffalo, glaciers the size of states, and national parks the size of nations? In this great expanse of pure wilderness, the majestic mountains, never-ending landscapes, and supersize wildlife of the 49th state are waiting to transport you to another state of mind. Big sights are accented by even bigger experiences as you board the Alaska Railroad to the tallest peak in North America, the sternwheeler Discovery for a Fairbanks river cruise, and a small ship to witness the dominating glaciers and playful whales of Prince William Sound. You'll also follow the tracks of caribou and moose in the 6-million-acre Denali National Park, trace the trail of gold seekers during the Klondike Gold Rush, and follow in the paw steps of Alaska's famous dogsledding huskies.
Call (866) 929-0256 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15133944
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 12/31/2020
- 13 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Anchorage||Welcome to Alaska! Meet your Tour Director between 3 pm and 7 pm in the hotel reception area.|
|Day 2||Denali National Park||ANCHORAGE Drive to Wasilla.WASILLA Visit the Iditarod Headquarters. Scenic drive to Talkeetna.ALASKA RAILROAD Scenic train ride to Denali National Park.DENALI NATIONAL PARK [LF] Dinner at Murie Science & Learning Center includes a presentation by a local Naturalist. (B,D)|
|Day 3||Denali National Park||DENALI NATIONAL PARK Tundra Wilderness tour in the park. Free time this evening. (B,L)ENHANCE YOUR FREE TIME in Denali with a photo workshop. This and more options throughout your tour are available for purchase with MyGlobus. Get local maps and tips for free time on your GlobusGO mobile app.|
|Day 4||Fairbanks||DENALI NATIONAL PARK Free time this morning. Lunch at the [LF] 49th State Brewery.FAIRBANKS Orientation drive followed by free time this evening. (B,L)|
|Day 5||Fairbanks||FAIRBANKS Discovery sternwheeler scenic river cruise on the Chena River. Visit a Chena Indian Village. Visit the University of Alaska-Fairbanks Museum and stop at the Trans-Alaska Oil Pipeline. Free time this evening. (B)|
|Day 6||Dawson City||FAIRBANKS Scenic drive over the Top of the World Highway en route to Dawson City.DAWSON CITY Evening at Diamond Tooth Gertie's. (B)|
|Day 7||Dawson City||DAWSON CITY Visit Klondike Gold Rush Claim #1 and the Robert Service Interpretive Center. Free time this afternoon and evening. (B)|
|Day 8||Whitehorse||DAWSON CITY Scenic drive by Five Finger Rapids en route to Whitehorse.WHITEHORSE Free time this evening. (B)|
|Day 9||Whitehorse||WHITEHORSE Guided tour includes the Yukon Beringia Interpretive Centre. See the SS Klondike Riverboat. Visit with Iditarod and Yukon Quest trainers and huskies at [LF] Muktuk Adventures dogsled facility, followed by a Taste of the Yukon dinner. (B,D)|
|Day 10||Tok||WHITEHORSE Scenic drive past Kluane National Park en route to Tok.TOK Free time this evening. (B)|
|Day 11||Valdez||TOK Scenic drive past Thompson Pass, Worthington Glacier, and Bridal Veils Falls en route to Valdez.VALDEZ Visit the Valdez Museum. Free time this evening. (B)|
|Day 12||Anchorage||VALDEZ Scenic cruise through Prince William Sound to Whittier.ANCHORAGE Farewell dinner this evening en route to Anchorage. (B,L,D)|
|Day 13||Anchorage||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).