2020: Burgundy & Provence with 2 Nights in Paris & 3 Nights in London (Northbound) (WLJ3) - Poetry II
13 days Port-Saint-Louis to London
Enjoy the wondrous view on your river cruise through beautiful France along the Rhone and Saone Rivers with guided sightseeing in the well-known French treasures and some hidden gems too! You'll begin your delightful French river cruise in Port-Saint-Louis and embark on the Rhone River for Arles. See its 1st-century Roman amphitheater still used today. Attend a painting workshop in the style of Van Gogh whose work was inspired by the setting here. Cruise to historical Avignon and see the 14th-century Palace of the Popes-the largest gothic fortress in the world. Continue to Viviers for a guided walk through this charming village, and then to Avignon to see the 14th-century Palace of the Popes-the largest gothic fortress in the world. Beautifully nestled among vineyards, you'll find the twin cities of Tournon and Tain l'Hermitage, where you'll go on a guided walk of Tournon, a medieval treasure with plenty of Roman ruins and fascinating 16th-century castle. You'll visit Lyon, a showcase of medieval and Renaissance architecture, as well as France's gastronomic capital. Lyon offers wonderful sights, including the popular Place des Terreaux with its famous fountain seen on postcards, and world-famous cuisine to discover on a guided culinary walk. You'll sail to the Chardonnay wine region of Macon, enjoying cheese tasting on board. In Dijon, you'll tour one of France's architectural treasures and home of Van der Weyden's 'The Last Judgement,' gracing Beaune's Hotel-Dieu Charity Hospital-built in 1443. This France river cruise adventure continues in style with two overnights in Paris-one of the world's most romantic and vibrant cities! Arrive in The City of Light via high-speed train from Dijon to see Notre Dame Cathedral, the Eiffel Tower, and the Louvre Museum with its elegant glass pyramid contrasting its ancient architecture. Continue your European vacation your way after your cruise three nights in London! Travel via high-speed Eurostar train from Paris to London. Enjoy buffet breakfast daily, guided sightseeing in London, assistance by your personal Monograms Local Host, destination guide with city map, high-speed train service, with complimentary transfer to and from train, hotel, and airport.
Call (866) 929-0256 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14557299
- Cruise Line
- Avalon Waterways
- Offer valid through 12/31/2019
- 13 Days
- Cruise Ship
- Poetry II
Click for more information on this ship.
|Day 1||Port St. Louis|
|Day 7||ST. JEAN DE LOSNE|
- US$ Price Details
Port charges:$182Gratuities to Local Guides & excursion drivers are included on Avalon portion only.Avalon offers the opportunity for solo travelers to sail with no single supplement (subject to availability).Please call for single accommodation price. Triples not available.All prices per person based on double occupancy. Prices shown include cruise in Category E in a deluxe outside stateroom on Indigo Deck. See below for upgrade pricing.To upgrade to a higher category, add per person:Category / Decks / PriceD / Indigo Deck / $199B / Sapphire Deck / 1,149A / Sapphire Deck / $1,199P / Royal Deck / $1,299Royal Suite / Royal Deck / $2,199NOTE:
- Special Interest Cruises: Culinary March 29; Wine Appreciation October 6 & October 20 & October 25
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Avalon Waterways, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Avalon Waterways, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Avalon Waterways to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land/cruise vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; intra-vacation air, unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees, including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.10 per segment, and U.S. and international arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas and vaccinations; tips to your Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Avalon menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
- Additional airline-imposed fees for seat assignments may apply and are not included in your total package cost. Please refer to carrier websites for seat assignment policies and applicable pricing.
Booking your Vacation with Air
Our volume buying power saves you money. We may be able to provide you with flight arrangements from your gateway city. Avalon Waterways offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Early Airfare Price Guarantee locks in a price that is guaranteed not to increase. Air pricing and schedules are available approximately 330 days prior to last travel date in the itinerary. At that time the best air price will be utilized and a new invoice with the air cost and confirmed schedule will be sent. The identity of the carrier, which may include the carrier?s codeshare partner, will be assigned and disclosed at this time. If the guaranteed price is the lowest, the schedule with the lowest fare per contracted classes of service will be booked. Any voluntary change to the confirmed flights negates the guaranteed price and is subject to air pricing at the time of the change.
Guaranteed air-inclusive prices - air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional non-refundable air deposit of $300 per person is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Avalon in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus a non-refundable per person service fee of $30 (North/Central America), $50 (Europe/Middle East) or $80 (all other international destinations). Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Avalon has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.